THE RAGÚ DREAM KITCHEN GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER (19 OR OVER IF A RESIDENT OF ALABAMA OR NEBRASKA). INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
The Sweepstakes is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram” or Facebook, Inc (“Facebook”). Instagram and Facebook are not affiliated with Sponsor in any way.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The RAGÚ Dream Kitchen Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 5, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 22, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE) as of date of entry. Employees , officers, directors and shareholders of Mizkan America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, assigns, agents, suppliers, distributors and advertising, Sweepstakes and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”), and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step- parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize in this Promotion. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
3. How To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter, as follows:
a. Via Text/Site: To enter using a text-enabled cell phone/device, send a text message with the word “RAGU” to the short code “24587”. Next, you will receive one (1) automated text message back from Sponsor with instructions on how to visit the Site (as defined below) to complete the online entry form to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the random drawing, as described below.
Standard Data and text-messaging rates may apply. Text “STOP” to 24587 to stop. Text “HELP” to 24587 for help. Text messaging requires 2-way text messaging capable device. (See further information regarding text message entries below.)
b. Via the Site Only: To enter directly on the Site, visit ragu.com/sweepstakes (the “Site”) and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the online entry form with all required information and submit it. Upon receipt of your properly completed entry form, you will receive one (1) Entry into the random drawing, as described below.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day, regardless of the method used to enter. Entries generated by script, bot, macro or other automated means which subvert the Entry process are void. Normal Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by your on-line or phone service (as applicable) will apply. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become property of the Sponsor. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the Entry. The use of multiple identities, accounts or other means to obtain more than one (1) entry per person per day will result in disqualification of the entrant; all related Entries will be void.
NOTE ABOUT PARTICIPATING VIA TEXT: When you use your device to enter via the Text/Site entry method, standard data/text messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions. By texting you authorize Mizkan America, Inc. to send you two (2) automated return text message to your number. Consent not required as a condition of purchasing goods or services. Text “STOP” to 24587 to stop. Text “HELP” to 24587 for help.
4. Sweepstakes Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner, ten (10) First Prize winners, and twenty-two thousand (22,000) Second Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 27, 2019 from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period through both entry methods combined. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A kitchen makeover, awarded in the form of a $20,000 check made payable to the winner. First Prize (10): A Sponsor-selected stand mixer with a Sponsor-selected pasta roller attachment set (ARV: $579 each). Second Prize (22,000): A Sponsor-selected veggie spiralizer (ARV: $3.99 each). All prize components are subject to availability. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. All federal, state and local income taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize.
THE SECOND PRIZE INCORPORATES SHARP BLADES. PLEASE EXERCISE CARE WHEN USING. PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
Use Second Prize with caution. Do not use the Second Prize if you are considered a minor in the jurisdiction in which you live.
BY ACCEPTING THE SECOND PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF EACH OF THE ABOVE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE SECOND PRIZE.
6. General Rules: The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email and will be required to sign and return, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and (where permissible) Publicity Release (collectively the “Affidavit”), within five (5) days of initial notification. If potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Affidavit within five (5) days, or if Affidavit is returned as undeliverable, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution (cash or otherwise) is allowed. Each First Prize winner will be notified via email and must confirm his/her mailing address/eligibility within five (5) day of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries. Second Prizes will be automatically shipped to winners to the address provided at the time of registration within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. If any potential prize winner is deemed ineligible, or a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names and likenesses for promotional purposes in all media worldwide, without limitation and without further notice, approval or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof.
Without limiting any of the foregoing provisions, winners, by accepting a prize and all Entrants, as a condition of Entry, agree, as applicable, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, Facebook, their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, Sweepstakes and judging agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded; or preparing for, participating in or from any prize-related activity; any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner: or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network or telephone connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human or other error which may occur in the processing of the Entries and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. If terminated prior to the stated end date of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will award all Prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to the date/time of termination.
As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes -related materials or notifications, or made by Sponsor or its representatives, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. Grand and First Prize Winners: For a list of the Grand and First Prize winners, available after October 15, 2019, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by November 15, 2019, to: The RAGÚ Dream Kitchen Giveaway – Winners, 100 Marcus Dr. Attn: SD, Melville, NY 11747.
8. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Mizkan America, Inc., 1661 Feehanville Drive, Suite 200, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator only, and NOT to Instagram or Facebook.