- Prepare dredging station by putting flour, egg wash and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dust with flour, then dredge in egg wash and coat with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Bring large pot of pasta water to a boil and follow farfalle cooking instructions on package.
- In a separate, large, non stick skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter on medium-high. Cook chicken in batches, 2 min. on each side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to clean plate.
- Melt remaining butter in same pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook 3-4 min. on medium-high, stirring frequently until edges begin to brown. Add wine; bring to boil scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in sauce and tomatoes. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Cook 2-3 min. or until heated through.
- Serve on bed of farfalle pasta and garnish with fresh thyme or parsley.
Dredging meats in flour before cooking not only encourages browning, but also helps to insulate them to keep them moist. browning, but also helps to insulate them to keep them moist.
Chicken breasts labeled “thin-sliced“ are also sometimes labeled as “cutlets” in the meat department of the grocery store.
You can substitute thinly sliced pork chops for the chicken breasts.