- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 lb. bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces andouille sausage or pork sausage , cut into thick slices
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine Sauce with all ingredients except shrimp in slow cooker sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Cook covered on LOW 4 to 6 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Stir in shrimp and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Thin sauce, if desired, with chicken broth or water.
TIP: Try with brown rice. It is an easy way to get your family to eat more whole grains.
See Nutritional Information for sodium content