- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9” baking dish with non-stick spray, set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for five minutes, until onion softens. Add garlic, sauté for one minute. Then add summer squash, sliced mushrooms and spinach. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is fully wilted and the summer squash has softened, about ten minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the pan (sometimes summer squash will have a lot of liquid that it releases when cooking) and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 cup of RAGÚ Simply™ Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce to the skillet and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Spoon 1 cup of the pasta sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Top with a single layer of frozen ravioli, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, and 1/3 of the vegetable mixture from the skillet. Repeat the layers two times, ending with a final layer of pasta sauce on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top layer. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil cover and bake for ten minutes more. If you like your cheese to be browned a little, you can also put the Ravioli Lasagna under the broiler for two to three minutes at the end to crisp up the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with minced parsley to garnish, if desired. Let rest for ten minutes before cutting and serving.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
In step 3, be sure to drain all excess liquid from the sautéed vegetables as summer squash can release liquid when cooked.
Be sure to let the lasagna set for 10 minutes before serving. This allows the lasagna to cool and the layers to set nicely, so you have an easier time serving.