|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
Chicken & Shrimp with Pineapple Rice
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Cook onion, red pepper and garlic in same skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce, water, rice and pineapple. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, then stir in shrimp. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and shrimp turn pink. Season, if desired, with hot pepper sauce. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
- Cost per recipe*: $14.18. Cost per serving*: $2.36. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- See Nutritional Infortmation for sodium content
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.