|Prep Time||40 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||110 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
Yucatan Beef Pie
- 2 lbs. ripe sweet plantains, peeled, cut into chunks, cooked, drained and mashed
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1/4 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine hot plantains, 2 tablespoons Spread, milk and 1/4 cup cheese in medium bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet; drain. Remove ground beef from skillet and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and carrots, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return ground beef to skillet. Stir in corn, Sauce and lime juice and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Evenly spoon ground beef mixture into 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Top with plantain mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- TIP: Try using 1 bag (16 oz.) thawed frozen mixed vegetables instead of carrots, zucchini and corn!
- Cost per recipe*: $11.54. Cost per serving*: $1.44. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.