|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||35 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice or converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with chorizo, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in water and chipotle peppers. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in Pasta Sauce and peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and shrimp and simmer covered 2 minutes or until rice is tender and shrimp turn pink.
- Cost per recipe*: $10.12. Cost per serving*: $1.68. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- See Nutritional Information for sodium content
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.