|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||3 hr 45 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||340|
|Total Fat||58 %|
|Saturated Fat||70 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber||12 %|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||80 %|
Abuelita's Ropa Vieja
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
- 2 lbs. boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed
- 3 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Season brisket with 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon.
- Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients. Add brisket. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- Remove from heat. Remove brisket and cool slightly. Shred brisket with two forks, then return to in sauce mixture; heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
- Cost per recipe*: $13.91 Cost per serving*: $2.32 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- TIP: Also makes a great filling for burritos and tacos! Serve in warmed tortillas with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favorite toppings.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.