|Prep Time||25 min|
|Cook Time||50 min|
|Stand Time||15 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||50 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||40 %|
|Vitamin C||120 %|
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 9 slices
- 1 cup canned rinsed and drained chick peas or garbanzos or garbanzo beans
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 container (16 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups Ragu® Chunky Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, (about 4 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Brush 2 baking sheets with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Arrange eggplant on baking sheets. Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Bake 20 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- Meanwhile, process chick peas or garbanzos or garbanzo beans in food processor until ground; set aside. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, red pepper and onion, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine ricotta cheese, beans, egg and garlic in medium bowl; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce in 8-inch glass baking dish sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Arrange 3 slices eggplant on Pasta Sauce, then spread with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/2 of the mushroom mixture, then 1/2 cup Sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with 3 slices eggplant, remaining ricotta cheese mixture, remaining mushroom mixture, then remaining eggplant. Evenly top with remaining Sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.