|Prep Time||40 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||22 %|
|Saturated Fat||18 %|
|Trans Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbs||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber||8 %|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
Frogs & Ladybugs
Let kids come up with their own 'creature creations' experimenting with food coloring and garnishes.
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (12 oz.) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 8 breaded chicken nuggets
- Green and red food coloring
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Frog and Ladybug Garnishes*
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce and cheese in small bowl; set aside.
- Separate 8 biscuits in half to make 16 rounds on lightly floured surface. Roll each round into 3-1/2-inch circle. Separate and cut remaining 2 biscuits into 32 pieces; roll into small balls.
- Evenly spread sauce mixture on 8 circles, leaving 1/2-inch border; top each with 1 chicken nugget. Press 4 balls onto bottom edges of each circle to create “legs“. Top with remaining biscuit circles, pressing together and sealing edges tightly with fork; set aside.
- To color frogs, add 4 drops green food coloring to 1/2 of the egg, then brush onto 1/2 of the assembled biscuits. To color ladybugs, add 4 drops red food coloring to remaining egg, then brush onto remaining biscuits.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with remaining Pasta Sauce, heated.
- *For Frog Garnishes, use pimento-stuffed olives for eyes, broccoli for eyebrows, roasted red pepper for mouth and parsley leaves for legs. *For Ladybug Garnishes, use pimento-stuffed olives for eyes, broccoli for eyebrows, pitted ripe olives for spots and roasted red pepper for mouth.
- Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
'Ropa Vieja' is Spanish for 'old clothes', referring to the shredded beef which is accompanied with a flavorful tomato sauce.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.