|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||1 hr 15 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
Braising the flank steak or cooking it 'low and slow' ensures that the meat will be fork-tender.
- 1 1/2 -lb. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained*
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Season steak, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in 6-quart saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown steak with green pepper.
- Stir in Sauce, broth, green chilies and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender.
- Remove meat from sauce; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks. Return meat to sauce and heat through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked rice.
- TIP: Ropa vieja translates to old clothes, which the shredded meat in the recipe represents.
- *Substitution: Use 5 large green chilies, seeded and chopped. Photo copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.