|Prep Time||20 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||71 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
From a sit-down dinner to using leftovers for a post-game Bacon, Cheese & Chicken Pizza...this gourmet dish does it all!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Evenly top each chicken breast half with cheese and bacon. Roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally. Stir in Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, arrange chicken and sauce over hot linguine. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil or parsley.
- TIP: Parmesan cheese rinds make a flavorful soup starter. Let them simmer in the soup, then remove before serving.
- Cost per recipe*: $12.99. Cost per serving*: $3.25. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets. Photo copryight 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
Rigatoni with Sausage & Beans
Sweet Italian sausage, cannelloni beans, rosemary and rigatoni simmered in Ragu Pasta Sauce make up this delicious dish.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Salad
The roasted vegetables can be prepared in advance, even the day before. Just store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Ragu Spaghetti Tacos
It's the recipe everyone's talking about! Moms will find it easy...and will get rave reviews!
Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
A classic Italian-American dish that can be as simple or fancy as you want it to be.