- 1 lb. lean ground beef or sausage
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles, (about 12 oz.), broken into 2-inch pieces*
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese, (about 3 oz.)
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in Sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked noodles. Cook covered over medium heat, stirring frequently to separate noodles, until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Top noodles with spoonfuls of ricotta cheese, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Simmer covered until cheeses are melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
*Or, use oven-ready lasagna noodles. Cover noodles with hot water and let stand 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from water and tear in half lengthwise. Decrease water mixed with Pasta Sauce to 1/2 cup. Cook covered 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Continue as above. Cost per recipe*: $13.00. Cost per serving*: $2.17. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.