Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Full-page view
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 2 cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- With knife, slice 1/2-inch off top of red peppers. Remove seeds and ribs. Coarsely chop tops and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine 2 cups Sauce, 1 cup cheese, chopped red peppers and remaining ingredients. Evenly stuff peppers.
- In 4-1/2-quart slow cooker sprayed with no-stick cooking spray, arrange peppers. Top with remaining Sauce. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. To serve, slice peppers in half.
See Nutritional Information for sodium content