- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 lbs. ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 8 hero rolls
- Race Car Garnishes*
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in Sauce, brown sugar and relish. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut out a 5x2-inch “trench“ in top of rolls, removing some bread. To serve, evenly fill rolls with turkey mixture.
*For Race Car Garnishes, use mini pretzel twists for steering wheel, zucchini or cucumber slices for wheels attached with thin pretzel or carrot sticks, radish for “driver” with black olives for eyes, carrot sticks for arms, and green pimento-stuffed olives and thinly sliced carrot rounds for headlights.
Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.