Quick Skillet Chilaquiles
- Full-page view
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Your favorite chilaquiles toppings (chopped red onions, crumbled queso fresco and/or chopped fresh cilantro)
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 3 tortillas, turning once, 1 minute or until golden. Remove and drain on paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat 2 times with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle lightly, if desired, with salt. Drain oil, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Heat reserved oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook Sauce with chipotle peppers, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until hot. Stir in tortillas and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve topped with chilaquiles toppings.
Cost per recipe*: $5.33. Cost per serving*: $1.33. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.