- Full-page view
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice or converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 4 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with chorizo, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in water and chipotle peppers. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in Sauce and peas. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and shrimp and simmer covered 2 minutes or until rice is tender and shrimp turn pink.
Cost per recipe*: $10.12. Cost per serving*: $1.68. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutritional Information for sodium content