Mexican Minestrone Chicken Stew
- Full-page view
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large green and/or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) reduced sodium black beans, undrained
- 10 ounces ditalini pasta*, cooked
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Cook green peppers with onion in same skillet, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chipotle peppers and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in chicken, Sauce, beans and ditalini. Bring to a boil over high heart. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
*TIP: Use any small soup pasta to substitute for ditalini pasta.
Cost per recipe*: $14.56. Cost per serving*: $2.42. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets. See Nutritional Information for sodium content