- Full-page view
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large zucchinichopped
- 1 small white onionchopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper or ground chili powder
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 10 white corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook zucchini with onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in ground beef, oregano and chipotle pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in Sauce and corn. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Layer 1/3 of the tortillas in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the ground beef mixture, then 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake covered 30 minutes or until bubbling. Remove cover, then let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Cost per recipe*: $13.85. Cost per serving*: $1.73. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.