Mexican A-B-C Minestrone
- Full-page view
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup alphabet pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) no salt added cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and zucchini, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add pasta and garlic cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Add oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add broth and Sauce and bring to a boil. Stir in beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve, if desired, with queso fresco.