- 6 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 1 jar (14 oz.) Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 can (19 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese(about 8 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange muffin halves on ungreased baking sheet. Combine Sauce and chili powder in small bowl. Evenly spread sauce mixture on each muffin half, then top with remaining ingredients. Bake 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cost per recipe*: $9.47. Cost per serving*: $0.79. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Try using low fat cheese and whole wheat English muffins for better for you version!