Light Pasta Pomodoro with Lentils
- Full-page view
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or smoked mozzarella cheese
- Bring water to a boil over high heat in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in lentils. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until lentils are tender; drain.
- Stir Sauce and vinegar into same saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. To serve, toss hot penne with sauce mixture, then top with cheese.
See Nutritional Information for sodium content