- Full-page view
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups coarsely shredded fresh spinach leaves or escarole
- In 6-quart saucepot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until vegetables are golden.
- Stir in broth, Sauce and lentils. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach and cook an additional 10 minutes or until spinach is tender.