- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links, removed from casings and crumbled
- 2 medium green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 hero rolls (about 7-in. long), halved lengthwise and lightly toasted
- 1 jar (14 oz.) Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce*
- 1 cup shsredded mozzarella cheese, (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook sausage, green peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- On ungreased baking sheet, arrange roll halves. Evenly top with Sauce, then sausage mixture and mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: Cook extra sausage and peppers and toss with your favorite Ragu® Sauce, penne pasta and Parmesan cheese for a quick pasta dinner the next night.
*Also terrific with Ragu ® Old World Style ® Pasta Sauce.