Garden Clam Sauce With Linguine
- Full-page view
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 12 clams, soaked in cold water and drained to remove sand
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Organic Traditional Sauce
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- In 5-quart saucepot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Add clams. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until clams open. Remove open clams to serving bowl; set aside. (Discard any unopened clams.)
- In same saucepot, stir in Sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in clams. Toss clam sauce with hot linguine and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley.
*Also terrific with Ragu® Chunky Sauce.