- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (12 oz.) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 8 breaded chicken nuggets
- Green and red food coloring
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Frog and Ladybug Garnishes*
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine 1/2 cup Sauce and cheese in small bowl; set aside.
- Separate 8 biscuits in half to make 16 rounds on lightly floured surface. Roll each round into 3-1/2-inch circle. Separate and cut remaining 2 biscuits into 32 pieces; roll into small balls.
- Evenly spread sauce mixture on 8 circles, leaving 1/2-inch border; top each with 1 chicken nugget. Press 4 balls onto bottom edges of each circle to create “legs“. Top with remaining biscuit circles, pressing together and sealing edges tightly with fork; set aside.
- To color frogs, add 4 drops green food coloring to 1/2 of the egg, then brush onto 1/2 of the assembled biscuits. To color ladybugs, add 4 drops red food coloring to remaining egg, then brush onto remaining biscuits.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with remaining Sauce, heated.
*For Frog Garnishes, use pimento-stuffed olives for eyes, broccoli for eyebrows, roasted red pepper for mouth and parsley leaves for legs. *For Ladybug Garnishes, use pimento-stuffed olives for eyes, broccoli for eyebrows, pitted ripe olives for spots and roasted red pepper for mouth.
Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.