- Full-page view
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 medium green and/or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 Tbsp. small capers
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked white rice or brown rice
- Cook ground beef, green peppers and onion in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in allspice and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in Sauce, raisins, olives, capers and vinegar and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with egg and serve with hot rice.
Cost per recipe*: $8.32. Cost per serving*: $2.08. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutrional Information for sodium content