Creamy Vegetable Casserole
- Full-page view
- 1 large butternut squash (about 2-1/2 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (1 lb.) Ragu® Classic Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°. In greased 2-1/2-quart casserole, arrange 1/2 of the squash. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon thyme, then top with spinach and remaining squash..
- In medium bowl, combine Sauce and broth; evenly pour over vegetables. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes or until squash is tender
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese combined with bread crumbs. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden.
TIP: Make this dish one day ahead, then reheat before serving.