Classic Chicken Parmesan
- Full-page view
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves , pounded thin (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 eggs , slightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese , (about 4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Dip chicken in eggs, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken; drain on paper towels.
- Evenly spread 1 cup Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish, then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and, if desired, grated Parmesan cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
To Make Ragu No Frying Chicken Parmesan, preheat oven to 400°. Dip 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves in egg, then bread crumbs. Arrange in 13 x 9-inch baking dish and bake uncovered 20 minutes. Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.