Chicken & Shrimp with Pineapple Rice
- Full-page view
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Cook onion, red pepper and garlic in same skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Sauce, water, rice and pineapple. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, then stir in shrimp. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and shrimp turn pink. Season, if desired, with hot pepper sauce. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Cost per recipe*: $14.18. Cost per serving*: $2.36. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutritional Infortmation for sodium content