- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1/2-inch strips*
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Stir Sauce and water into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in uncooked linguine and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cream and basil and heat through.
TIP: A simple technique for chopping fresh basil is to chiffonade. Simply stack several cleaned basil leaves on top of each other. Roll up tightly, then slice the roll into thin strips. Sprinkle into the dish you are cooking or over salad for a special herb flavor. *Substitution: Use leftover chicken or 1 package (10 oz.) pre-cooked sliced chicken instead. Omit olive oil and proceed with step 2. Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.