Chicken Fajita Grilled Pizzas
- Full-page view
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 (12-in.) prebaked pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups Ragu® Sauce
- 3 cups shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill chicken, onion and peppers, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Don't be alarmed when the peppers turn black while grilling. The skin will easily peel or slip off after cooling. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
- Grill top side of pizza crusts 1 minute; remove from grill. Evenly spread pizzas with Sauce, then evenly top with chicken, vegetables and cheese. Grill pizzas, covered, 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional heated Sauce and diced avocado.
Cost per recipe*: $21.01 Cost per serving*: $2.63 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutritional Informaion for fat content