- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 (1/2-in.) cubes
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs and egg in medium bowl; shape into 12 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into each meatball, enclosing completely.
- Bring Sauce to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.
Photo Copyright 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.
Cost per recipe*: $7.83. Cost per serving*: $1.96. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.