Brazilian Fish Stew
- Full-page view
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lb. boneless cod fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook red peppers with onion, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and ground red pepper and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Sauce, water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Stir in cod and shrimp. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Stir in lime juice.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro and serve with hot rice.
Cost per recipe*: $24.07. Cost per serving*: $3.00. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
See Nutritional Information for sodium content