- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Evenly top each chicken breast half with cheese and bacon. Roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally. Stir in Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, arrange chicken and sauce over hot linguine. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil or parsley.
TIP: Parmesan cheese rinds make a flavorful soup starter. Let them simmer in the soup, then remove before serving.
Cost per recipe*: $12.99. Cost per serving*: $3.25. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets. Photo copryight 2006 Publications International, Ltd. Used with permission.